Weddings are back on!
Boris Johnson has today announced that wedding receptions of up to 30 people can take place from 1st August 2020.
While ceremonies with up to 30 guests were permitted to take place from 4 July, receptions have been prohibited with the government “strongly advising” that any celebrations which typically follow or accompany marriages do not to take place.
Instead, it suggested that small celebrations could take place if following social distancing guidelines, such as in groups of up to two households indoors, or up to six people from different households outdoors.
How will coronavirus affect my wedding?
As weddings typically bring lots of families and friends into close contact, they are particularly vulnerable to the spread of coronavirus. The government has published guidelines on how to have a ”Covid-secure” wedding in England.
• Venues can only reopen if they can do so safely
• Ceremonies should be kept as short as possible
• No food or drink should be consumed unless it is essential for the ceremony
• Group singing and playing of instruments should be avoided
• A maximum of 30 people should attend ceremonies, and only where there is space to socially distance. This includes all guests, the officiant and any staff not employed by the venue, like a photographer
• Social distancing of at least one metre between different households should be practised at all times
• The venue should keep a temporary record of visitors for 21 days, in case they need to be traced
The government says it is working with the weddings industry to see how receptions could take place safely in the future.
My heart goes out to all those affected by this terrible pandemic Covid-19 and to those whose weddings have had to be cancelled or postponed, but we will keep calm and carry on.
So what is happening now?
Many brides to be have already been in touch ordering their stunning artificial wedding flowers for their socially distanced weddings. These are some of the more popular arrangements we have completed recently:
Artificial Wedding Flowers Package – Calla Lillies and Roses (2 colours). These stunning artificial wedding bouquets and accessories are made with ivory or white foam roses with calla lillies in a colour of your choice and additional roses in 2 colours of your choice. They are perfectly finished with added greenery. Available in 3 different sizes with matching buttonholes, wands, wrist corsages and hair combs.
and our ever popular
Butterflies and Roses
These stunning artificial wedding bouquets and accessories are made with either white or ivory foam roses and additional roses in a colour of your choice. They are perfectly finished with ivory flower sprays and diamante pins in the centre of the roses, with added ivory looped ribbon. All artificial wedding bouquets and flower girl wands have a silver diamante butterfly for that perfect finish.
Our artificial Wedding flower packages are available in 3 different sizes with matching buttonholes, flower girl wands, wrist corsages and bridal hair combs.